An ECTN certificate has to accompany all shipments/ cargo heading toward the Republic of Congo. Once the ECTN has been granted, the ECTN will receive a Unique Registration Number or URN number.
This number should be endorsed on the Bill of Lading and is required by the Congolese Shippers Council (CCC) when clearing the goods.
ECTN can be issued with the following documents:
- A stamped copy of BL (Bill of lading)
- Commercial Invoice of the goods.
- GUOT Document
- The ECTN should be obtained within 5 consecutive days after the vessel’s departure.
Notice: You may cancel the process anytime during the CTN Application.
What Products are Banned from being Imported into the Republic of Congo?
- Animals and animal by-products from areas affected by epizootic diseases and plants from areas affected by epiphytic disease.
- Some distilled beverages, pornography, and gambling machines
- We do not provide ECTN certificates for any illegal product or equipment.