What is Benin BESC Certificate?
Benin BESC, the type and quantity of cargo, freight and goods value, and shipping details (container details, loading & unloading port and dates, etc.) CTN is issued for each Bill of Lading and has a unique number only for that particular transport / Bill of Lading; therefore, each Bill of Lading requires its own CTN certificate/number.
Why is BESC / Cargo Tracking Note Necessary for Benin?
CTN or any loading certificate informs the port authorities of the arrival date and amount of the cargo, allowing the authorities to prepare for the unloading operations in advance. CTN also prevents corruption by specifying the price of the imported goods, transmitting the following transport documents shortly after loading the cargo, and assuring the authorities that all transport documents are genuine and in order.
Why should you get a Benin CTN Certificate for your shipments?
Without the BESC document, the cargo cannot be cleared from customs, and there will be a penalty in addition to the demurrage costs incurred until a valid BESC document is presented at customs.
What Documents Are Required for CTN?
- Freight Invoice (unless the freight value is specified on the commercial invoice)
- Packing list
- Customs Declaration Form
- Commercial invoice
- Bill of Lading
Notice: You can cancel the process anytime during the CTN Application.
Points to Consider while shipping to Benin
- All cargo imported to Benin must be covered by a valid CTN from 01.09.2019.
- If the discharge port is in Benin and the cargo is in Chad, Mali, Niger, etc.
- Certificate verification takes 2 to 3 days and is at the authorities’ discretion.
- The CTN certificate is issued based on the transport documents submitted online, and there is no need for a physical examination of the cargo.
Benin’s Trade Capital Import Volume
Benin’s import volume was announced as 4.34 billion dollars.
Benin’s Export volume
Benin’s export volume was announced as 695.60 million dollars.
Need help with Benin Cargo Tracking Note?
We are at your service 24/7 to assist you with your Benin shipments. Please contact us via e-mail.
Which Products Are Forbidden From Being Imported To Benin?
- Animals and animal by-products from areas affected by epidemics and plants from areas affected by epiphytic diseases.
- Some distilled beverages, pornography, and slot machines.
- We do not provide ECTN certificates for any illegal product or equipment.