Burkina Faso Cargo Waiver
As in other African countries, to plan and control incoming cargoes, Burkina Faso has started requiring ECTN for shipments where the destination is Burkina Faso.
Notice for Burkina Faso regulation
As of April 20, 2023, all Burkina Faso transactions must include an ECTN Reference Number on the Bill of Lading for the goods being shipped.
- Bill of Lading (ECTN Reference Number must be included)
- Commercial invoice
- Pink slip/grey slip for vehicle shipments.
Attention. Since Burkina Faso is an inland destination, the port of discharge may require a separate BESC.
BSC is required for shipments via Benin and Togo, whereas this isn’t required for shipments via Ivory Coast.
Notice: You may cancel the process anytime during the CTN Application.
What Products are Banned from being Imported into Burkina Faso?
- Animals and animal by-products from areas affected by epizootic diseases and plants from areas affected by epiphytic disease.
- Some distilled beverages, pornography, and gambling machines
- We do not provide ECTN certificates for any illegal product or equipment.