Togo ECTN / Electronic Cargo Tracking Note
TOGO ECTN is a loading certificate issued based on the transportation documents mentioning the kind and quantity of the cargo, freight, and goods value and shipment details (container details, loading & discharge port and dates, etc.). CTN is issued for each Bill of Lading and has a unique number just for subject transportation / Bill of Lading; therefore, each Bill of Lading needs its own CTN certificate/number.
Why is ECTN Cargo Tracking Note Necessary for Togo?
CTN or any other loading certificate does inform the port authorities regarding the arrival date of the cargo and quantity, allowing the authorities to be prepared for the discharge operations in advance. CTN also prevents corruption by stating the actual price of the imported goods, and forwarding below mentioned transporting documents shortly after loading the cargo, assuring authorities all transportation documents are authentic and in order.
Why must you obtain a Togo CTN Certificate for your Shipments?
The cargo will not be cleared at customs without a valid ECTN certificate/number. Since cargo cannot be cleared at customs until a valid CTN is presented, the demurrage fee will be in question in addition to a penalty fee of twice the price of the ECTN certificate at customs.
Which Documents are Necessary for ECTN?
- Bill of Lading
- Commercial Invoice
- Freight Invoice (if the freight value is not noted on the commercial invoice)
- Customs Declaration Form
Notice: You may cancel the process anytime during the CTN Application.
Points to Consider for Togo Shipments
- ECTN is mandatory for goods imported to Togo starting from 09.05.2000.
- All ECTNs must be validated 5 days before the vessel arrives in Togo ports.
- A cargo discharged at Togo ports and in transit to other countries needs a Togo ECTN certificate.
Togo’s Trade Cap
Togo’s import volume
Togo’s import volume was declared to be $ 8.15 billion.
Togo’s Export volume
Togo’s export volume was declared to be $ 1.63 billion.
Need help with Cargo Tracking Note for Togo?
We are available 24/7 to help you with your Togo shipments. Please get in touch with us via email or this in-page form.
What Products are Banned from being Imported into Togo?
- Animals and animal by-products from areas affected by epizootic diseases and plants from areas affected by epiphytic disease.
- Some distilled beverages, pornography, and gambling machines
- We do not provide ECTN certificates for any illegal product or equipment.